Relief!!!
Today, I have completed 3 months since my LMP, which officially means that I'm done with my first trimester and will be beginning my second trimester from tomorrow.
I still can't believe I've made it.
I don't know what this anxiety is. Things have been different this time around on every front. I'm having more symptoms, starting to put weight slightly, all tests are good..... yet a part of me fears a repeat of the last time.
I try to think positive, but its not easy. As I celebrate each date and milestone, I remain aware exactly how far along I am, and how far I have to go, and so on.
I don't read more than a couple of weeks at the most ahead of where I'm supposed to be. Why? I don't know. I feel that its important to clear each step at a time. The slightest thing out of the ordinary, and I call up the doc, and research the daylights out of it on the net.
Is it normal? I don't know.
The husband is getting irritated with my constant surfing on the net about pregnancy, particularly when I insist on sharing every finding with him. He sees things as fine, and no reason to read details to bits and provide more fuel for worry. For me, its reassuring to know exactly what's happening, what's coming up, and then raise an alarm when something is different. Its as though I can be alert and spot any potential problems before they can create any damage.
Another friend of mine went through the same thing, and she thinks this constant worry happens regardless of history. Its just hormones and the insecurity of stepping into the unknown.
Sigh! So far, the husband has been proved right. All my tests are disgustingly normal. No trouble on any front other than my worries about troubles that could be, yet I can't let go.
At the moment, I'm indulging myself. It isn't harming anyone, and if it reassures me, I'm just going to do it as long as I think I need to.
0 comments:
Post a Comment