I did all the tests on the list that the doc had given me yesterday and armed with the results, I went into the meeting today.
The results were absolutely normal. My BP and weight has been exactly where it should be all through, and now, we find that my sugar is normal, tests for other stuff we did are normal, no infections, no HIV, no surprises on the thyroid front..... All good.
It took sticking needles into me twice for blood. Once fasting, and once after eating. My veins are always difficult to find, and it was an experience I don't want to go through again.
I can rest slightly easy with these results though.
The progesterone injections continue. For someone so concerned about the baby, I sure raise a fuss about them. The thing is, I'm scared of needles. In fact, it is proof of how much I care for this little one that I turn up to get them on time. If I weren't pregnant, I'm the type to prefer the illness to an injected cure.
Sigh! I get a feeling that by the time this show is done, I'm going to get quite acclimatized to needles poking me. The doc simply pokes me with all sympathy, but pokes me for sure :(
We talked a bit about my symptoms and agree that my cravings for veggies and fruits are very convenient from a health perspective. The worrisome tendency to crash for days on end after exertion is something the doc is not worried about. She says she'd be more worried if I could go on, because it would mean I'm not listening to my body. Its just a matter of getting beyond early pregnancy into a happier phase, and discovering my new and lower endurance levels.
According to her, I can't do the baby harm like that, because basically, it takes what it needs from my body, which leaves me crashing like that. It still gets everything it wants. This is good to know. Wouldn't want the baby to suffer from maternal stupidity.
The good part is that I'm already into my 12th week and in a few days, the risk of miscarriage (my greatest fear) goes down dramatically. I can't wait for it to happen.
0 comments:
Post a Comment