True to form, I met yet another doctor (I haven't had two appointments with any doctor there yet - each time its a new one). Disappointed, but resigned to this phenomenon, I went through the checkup. I asked my concerns, which are considerable at this point, since I've really bee thirsting for a good, reassuring conversation with a competent doctor.
Miracle of miracles, the doctor actually listened and patiently answered all my queries. What's more, the main doctor, whom I'd met in my first meeting met me briefly after the consultation to address any further concerns I may have. I almost felt like pinching myself.
- Turns out, the back pain I get is a fact of life only curable by delivery. They can prescribe painkillers if I can't bear it, but they recommend against the use. She made several suggestions regarding sleeping positions.
- The pelvic pain and the pain in the lower left side of the stomach that appears while turning sides in bed, standing on one foot to get dressed and other movements is another fact of life which is quite common in pregnancy. They gave me some vitamin stuff to help the pain resolve, though there were no guarantees, and like the other pain, they said that painkillers were not a good idea.
- My swelling feet is another fact of life, and the most I could do was keep them elevated, massage, drink lots of water, cut down on salt, etc. As long as my blood pressure was not spiking, it was all good and normal.
- Sleepless nights were yet another fact of life (which I kinda knew). A suggestion to have a warm bath just before bed helps.
Thus, I now know that bad as my symptoms seem, they are all normal side effects of pregnancy. Great!
On a different note, the baby now seems to recognize excited noises - cheering of the audience at a match on TV, laughter from an audience at some show... If I react the slightest to it, there is a storm of kicking, as though it is joining in whatever the celebration is.
My kid after all, doesn't matter what the celebration is - happy to celebrate.
0 comments:
Post a Comment