Friday, July 3, 2009

Discovered two wonderful blogs

I was surfing around on one of the preemie sites I've been reading, and found the blog for Eleanor and Adam: 23-Week Micro Preemie Miracles in its links. Curious, and encouraged by the lack of hundreds of posts to read through to discover the whole story, I began scanning through the initial post. I was quickly drawn to the irrepressibly positive attitude of this mother of extreme preemie twins.

Sure, they have had their struggles and difficulties. I can't imagine the kinds of efforts this woman made coming without an extreme emtional, physical and financial toll. Yet, the abundance of love, acceptance and appreciation had me awed. Her unresisting acceptance that there would be difficulties, and appreciation of what they were able to achieve as a family brings a whole new perspective to courage. Turns out Michelle is pregnant again, and due in the same month as me - September. I hope I can show the kind of unwavering sense of purpose, commitment and appreciation this woman has.

The other blog I discovered is noodad.com which I discovered as I randomly surfed around for kid related stuff. Fell in love with the attitude, and the rare experience of men waxing eloquent about child rearing. This is the post I entered on, that grabbed me - Doing the Right Thing

0 comments:

Post a Comment