Friday, February 20, 2009

Online pregnancy resources

Ever since that disastrous first meeting with the doctor, I've become obsessed with finding things out for myself. If I have a problem, what I should or shouldn't be eating, health suggestions, development of the baby.... the works. I just read on and on and on.

Many pregnancy sites give week by week information on the development of a pregnancy, including developments in baby, mother, symptoms and possible help, any tests that may be due around that time, etc.

I found this information to be of great help, as I was worried that not going to a "proper" gynaecologist may mean that we miss doing or checking something crucial.

No such thing has happened so far, but I have found out a whole lot of information that is quite interesting. Also, I have learned to start looking at my pregnancy in terms of weeks than months. I am always aware of exactly how many weeks and days along I am.

I guess a part of me is waiting to breathe in relief on completing the first twelve weeks and overcoming most of the risk of miscarriage. Everything is going fine, but my fear will not leave me.

Luckily these sites keep me entertained, and let me know what is happening to my baby. If is is actually happening, or things are going wrong is anyone's guess, but I like to imagine that my baby is growing like the pictures show.

0 comments:

Post a Comment